By Gordon Wilkins
General Manager Human Resources
Disability Services Australia
In 2011 DSA engaged Executive Mandala Ltd. To provide us with an executive coaching program for our high potential middle and senior managers.
Executive Mandala came to us with extensive experience, a tailored and unique (to our circumstances) offering and were highly recommended for their quality and professionalism.
To put this in context, the disability services industry is in the midst of a significant industry wide transition as we await the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The introduction of the NDIS represents arguably the biggest social change in Australia’s social policy history and DSA understands that it needs to protect our ‘human talent’ as they become more and more sought after.
From the beginning of our professional relationship, the friendly Executive Mandala’s staff were able to guide our thinking and closely partner with us to develop an ideal solution which met both our short and long term needs.
DSA has now been able to put over 30 key high potential staff through this program with stunning results including:
- All participants reporting a high degree of personal growth and satisfaction with their individual outcomes
- All participants rating the Executive Mandala coaches as highly competent, professional and insightful
- A staff retention rate of 100% of the programs participants since its inception 4 years ago
- A quarter of participants being internally promoted across the organisation
- DSA’s overall employee engagement score improving to ‘Gold Medal’ standard when externally benchmarked
DSA has recommended Executive Mandala to a number of organisations who are seeking to not just invest in its employees but to seek mutual benefits from that investment.
From a person who has held senior roles in Government, larger private enterprises and leading not for profits I would personally recommend Barbara Jones and her team to tailor an individual solution to any of your employee development needs.